Allodoxaphobia is the irrational fear of opinions. Someone suffering from this disorder may find it extremely difficult to cope with day to day life, whether due to actually being judged by others or merely due to their own paranoia. In some extreme cases, they may even experience full blown panic attacks that will require hospitalization.
Their intense fear of other people making opinions of them or just opinions in general may be deeply rooted in their own insecurities as they may be extremely critical of themselves. So, essentially, they may fear that the opinions of other people are the same critical opinions that they have of themselves.
User comments (4)
Top posts of the day
- Incoming Biden administration to migrant caravan: Don't come, you won't get in i... (22 hours ago)
- There is A Covid-19 Data and State Benefit Site For Every State.gov - Benefits (14 hours ago)
- Pablo Escobar's rapidly breeding 'cocaine hippos' must be stopped, scientists sa... (23 hours ago)
- Restore American Glory » State Lawmakers Want Users to Be Able to Sue Social M... (10 hours ago)
- Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina-scented candle explodes into flames causing an 'inferno... (23 hours ago)
- What is Your Best Advice for a New Eager Convert to Islam? | About Islam (2 years ago)
- Is your suburb on the verge of a crash? | 60 Minutes Australia - YouTube (1 year ago)
- What is your favorite quote you've heard? (1 year ago)
- What is your name ? (4 months ago)
- WATCH: TRUMP Asked "What’s Your Threshold" For Declaring National Emergency On B... (2 years ago)