University Teaches 12-Step Program to “Recover From Whiteness” - Total Conservative Newstotalconservative.com/university-...
The University of Minnesota put on a webinar series this month to help white people recover from alcohol and drugs. Oh wait, that’s not it. No, the goal was not to help whites recover from substance abuse – it was to use the tools of addiction recovery to help these white people…recover from whiteness itself.
The program was developed by therapist Cristina Combs, who knows what she’s talking about. After all, she learned it all through “years of struggling to navigate the role and presence of whiteness in her personal, academic, and professional journeys.” At least, that’s what the website says.
While we’re inclined to think that life is plenty hard enough without adding imaginary burdens like the “presence of whiteness” to the load, we’re sure it’s paying off in spades for women like Combs who can now use their “struggle” to make a fortune preying on the New Woke Economy. Good for her. We hope she’s being well-compensated for helping to destroy our society.
“Combs began the lecture by acknowledging that ‘I am on traditional Dakota land,’ the territory of a Native American tribe which settled in Minnesota,” The College Fix informs us. “She also acknowledged ‘George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and all of the other lives stolen from families and communities and our world due to police brutality and state-sanctioned violence.’”
Combs also gave her virtual audience this heaping helping of word-salad nonsense: “When BIPOC activists would use the term ‘white supremacy’ to talk about the systems that needed to change and the work that white people needed to do, my instinct was to recoil. It felt like too hard or too raw of a word, and I didn’t like it. And I ultimately realized that that is my ego. Stepping into that tension and accepting my connection to white supremacy has been a freedom of sorts to show up in better alignment with my values and do the work for the rest of my life.”
If you’d like to “step into that tension” and “show up in better alignment” with your values, you can put yourself through Combs’s 12-step process for whiteness recovery.
Some highlights include the need to “journey bodily inward, exploring and acknowledging ways in which white supremacist teachings have been integrated into our minds and spirits.” When you’re done with that, perhaps you’ll be ready to “deconstruct previous ways of knowing, as they have been developed through the lens of white supremacy.”
Well, we’ll say this for Combs and her woke brethren: They are definitely committed to deconstructing “previous ways of knowing.”
It’s hard to imagine why anyone would see this as a good thing, but there you have it.
User comments (20)
Top posts of the day
- Can be hell without your friends . . . (19 hours ago)
- 26 Pennsylvania House Republicans, 8 Senators Call for Withdrawing Certification... (13 hours ago)
- DOXING - Unauthorized Disclosure of Private or Confidential Information (23 hours ago)
- I Hear You're A Racist Now, Father! (19 hours ago)
- Saturday's Fun Fraud Facts: Seven Unexplainable Results that Reveal Democrats Di... (13 hours ago)
- These Court Rulings Make it Harder to Stop Coronavirus From Spreading - Total Co... (8 months ago)
- Trump Moves to Bring Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Back From China - Total Conser... (6 months ago)
- CBS Hack Lesley Stahl Asks Limbaugh to Keep His Listeners From Rioting - Total C... (1 month ago)
- Low IQ Maxine: Americans Aren’t Doing Enough to Protest Donald Trump - Total Con... (9 months ago)
- George Soros: Pro-Trump Zuckerberg Should Be Removed From Facebook - Total Conse... (9 months ago)