Tucker Carlson boasts highest-rated month in cable news historywww.washingtonexaminer.com/news/t...
Tucker Carlson Tonight had the highest ratings of any cable news show in history in the month of October.
The program, hosted by Tucker Carlson during the 8 p.m. EDT hour, averaged 5,359,000 viewers nightly, including 1,003,000 in the key 25-54 age demographic that marketers covet, according to Nielsen Media Ratings. While the total ratings made cable news history, he also became the first primetime host to reach 1 million viewers in the 25-54 demo since September 2008.
Carlson will be interviewing Hunter Biden’s ex-business partner, Tony Bobulinski, on Tuesday night. He has alleged that former Vice President Joe Biden was aware of his son’s pursuit of Chinese business deals despite the 2020 Democratic nominee’s claims to the contrary. He made headlines last week amid reporting based on contents of a laptop and hard drive that purportedly belonged to Hunter Biden, which contained emails and other data detailing his foreign business dealings.
Biden has responded to the allegations claiming that they are part of a "smear campaign." Democrats and former intelligence officials have said the story reeks of Russian disinformation, something that Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe has said there is no evidence to back up.
The interview is set to take place one week before Election Day and Carlson said on his show Monday the interview will include details "that have not been out there yet," which he claimed are being suppressed by the media.
Carlson is not the only host to experience a boost in ratings last month. Sean Hannity had the second largest audience averaging 5,119,000 viewers a night, while the network's third prime time cable news host, Laura Ingraham, had slightly more than 4 million viewers. The Fox News lineup consistently beats out competitors on cable news networks including CNN and MSNBC.
In all, the three Fox News primetime hosts collectively averaged 4,900,000 viewers, which is good for an 83% increase from October 2019.
User comments (1)
Top posts of the day
- Ted Lasso Season 2: Biggest Apple TV Plus Premiere Audience to Date - Variety (14 hours ago)
- Pink offers to pay bikini bottoms fine for Norway women's handball team - BBC Ne... (23 hours ago)
- Beijing thrusts long lists of demands at Biden administration - POLITICO (23 hours ago)
- Opinion | America Shouldn't Compete Against China With One Arm Tied Behind Its B... (3 hours ago)
- Biggest cats in the world | Live Science (22 hours ago)
- Tucker Carlson Tonight 10/2/18 | Breaking Fox News | October 2, 2018 - YouTube (2 years ago)
- Tucker Carlson Tonight 10/15/18 | Breaking Fox News October 15, 2018 - YouTube (2 years ago)
- Tucker Carlson Tonight 11/27/18 | Breaking Fox News | November 27, 2018 - YouTub... (2 years ago)
- Tucker Carlson Blows Up at Rutger Bregman in Unaired Fox News Interview | NowThi... (2 years ago)
- Trump says he's optimistic about trade deal with Chinese President Xi, in interv... (2 years ago)