Instacart workers go on strike after rejecting mild concessionswww.engadget.com/2020-03-30-insta...
Instacart hasn't had success trying to avert a strike over a lack of COVID-19 protections. The Gig Workers Collective has declared that a shopper strike is "still on" after asserting that Instacart's concessions were inadequate. A change that sets the tip default to a customer's previous amount will likely offer "no meaningful benefit," the shoppers said, as that previous amount will frequently come from the pre-outbreak era. There's still no sick pay for workers who have to stay home due to health conditions that put them at high risk. The company also left hazard pay "completely unaddressed," according to the objectors -- an average pay per order of less than $10 still leaves shoppers "risking their lives for pocket change."
User comments (2)
Top posts of the day
- When She saya 'Clean the garage' and She Means It (18 hours ago)
- Joe Biden reppin it in the Hood! (8 hours ago)
- Another Spaced Out Sunday (18 hours ago)
- Canada v US: Loon stabs eagle through heart - BBC News (19 hours ago)
- Watchdog Raises Questions About China Influence at Penn Biden Center (18 hours ago)
- EXCLUSIVE: Tory Activists Go ON STRIKE And Refuse To Deliver Deal Leaflets | Pol... (1 year ago)
- When Workers Went on Strike to Defend a Trans Colleague—and Ended Up Occupying T... (11 months ago)
- Instacart Workers Are Going on a Massive Strike Next Week (1 month ago)
- Violent child sex offender jailed for attack on girl, 5, in Bermuda and vowed to... (1 year ago)
- louisiana-man-claims-ghost-placed-meth-on-him-after-deputies-go-to-home-after-91... (1 year ago)