Emmanuel Duron, Texas Prep Football Player, Attacked Referee After Ejectionnypost.com/2020/12/04/texas-prep-...
A Texas high school football player, angered after being ejected from a game, charged onto the field and bowled over a referee Thursday night.
Senior defensive lineman Emmanuel Duron of Edinburg High School came running from the sideline area after the referee announced the ejection, slamming into the official during the first half of the zone play-in game against Pharr-San Juan-Alamo.
Duron was escorted from the stadium by police officers.
The Monitor of McAllen reported that the referee was evaluated for a concussion by medical personnel at the stadium.
The game resumed after a delay, with Edinburg winning 35-21 to advance to the playoffs.
The District 31-6A Defensive Player of the Year last season, Duron also is the Bobcats’ kicker and punter and a star wrestler.
User comments (4)
Top posts of the day
- Trump's team fired the White House chief usher right before Biden took office, m... (20 hours ago)
- AP source: Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial | CTV News (16 hours ago)
- Pennsylvania Lawmaker Played Key Role in Trump’s Plot to Oust Acting Attorney Ge... (19 hours ago)
- SpaceX Launched Record-setting Cluster of Smallsats (20 hours ago)
- Piers Morgan Slammed for 'Crass and Tasteless' Tribute to Larry King (20 hours ago)
- Former Miami Hurricanes football player Tyrone Moss dies at 33 (2 years ago)
- High school football player suspended for high-stepping (2 years ago)
- Former Clemson Football Player C.J. Fuller Dies Suddenly at 22 | PEOPLE (2 years ago)
- Sex with American high school football player was ‘consensual’, the school coach... (2 years ago)
- Chinese football introduces professional referee system to ensure 60-minute matc... (1 year ago)