Breonna Taylor's Family Receiving Largest Settlement in Louisville History Following Wrongful Death Suitwww.newsweek.com/breonna-taylors-...
he city of Louisville has agreed to a $12 million settlement with the family of Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old Kentucky woman who was fatally shot five times by police in her apartment in March.
Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer made the official announcement on Tuesday in a joint press conference with the lawyers of Taylor's family. He said while the investigation by Attorney General Daniel Cameron is still ongoing, his "administration is not waiting to move ahead."
In addition to the payment, the settlement includes a number of police reforms to be implemented in the city. One of these includes the requirement of commanding officers to approval all search warrants before an officer seeks judicial approval.
User comments (19)
Top posts of the day
- Queen Trump good bye song _ Putin on Piano!!!!! (15 hours ago)
- If your name is Pestilence ... (15 hours ago)
- Our parents warned us the internet would break our brains. It broke theirs inste... (14 hours ago)
- Scotland Is 1st Nation to Make Period Products Free - The New York Times (15 hours ago)
- Judge Pestilence & The Final Four (plus UPDATE) (19 hours ago)
- Louisville Police Department fires officer involved in Breonna Taylor's death - ... (5 months ago)
- Neil Armstrong's Family Awarded $6 Million in Wrongful Death Suit Against Ohio H... (1 year ago)
- 💥Arizona's Bush Fire now fifth largest wildfire in state history, blaze grows by... (5 months ago)
- Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend says police didn’t try to save her as she lay dying |... (1 month ago)
- New Orleans to apologise for 'largest lynching in US history' | The Independent (1 year ago)