More than a few people have suggested I pick this one up. I am not usually a fan of dystopian tales or sci-fi books (love sci fi movies) but they say this one in particular may resonate with me.
Dystopian stories take many forms, but it's a rare dystopian novel that prominently features man's best friend. Author of the Oversight and Stoneheart trilogies, C.A. Fletcher doesn't hide the importance of dogs in his latest novel. Aptly titled A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World, it follows a young boy named Griz as he goes on a journey to retrieve his stolen pet.
"Dogs were with us from the very beginning," Griz writes. "And those that remain are still with us now, here at the end of the world."
User comments (2)
Top posts of the day
- NASA spacecraft will stow asteroid sample to stop it from leaking into space | C... (9 hours ago)
- Europe will help build NASA's moon-orbiting Gateway space station | Space (9 hours ago)
- PolitiFact | Donald Trump says you can change your vote in most states. That’s m... (14 hours ago)
- Religion related questions (5 hours ago)
- Scientists discover a coral reef that’s taller than a skyscraper - Lonely Planet (9 hours ago)
- Harlan Ellison, Provocative Sci-Fi Writer of 'Star Trek,' 'A Boy and His Dog,' D... (2 years ago)
- This really is the beginning of the end for Merkel - but it will be a slow and p... (2 years ago)
- Trump's impeachment shows US officials at their best and his allies at their wor... (11 months ago)
- Pet owner 'walks' her puppy by forcefully dragging it along a road and flinging ... (2 years ago)
- Take a Deep Breath, Then Look at These Photos of Ryan Gosling at the Venice Film... (2 years ago)